Art Competition 2019
Art Competition 2019
We look forward to running the competition in 2021!
Magic Mountain Beach House
Terms and Conditions
Tote Bag Artwork Design Competition
Celebrating 5 Years Of Gold Coast Open House
- The following terms and conditions will apply to this Tote Bag Artwork Design promotion (‘Promotion’) which is conducted by Gold Coast Open House Architecture Festival Inc. ABN 53 479 401 965 at PO Box 2316, Nerang QLD 4211 who can be contacted via email@example.com (‘Promoter’).
- By entering the Promotion you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Minors (being under the age of 18) are eligible to enter this Promotion. Minors must have their parent or guardian consent to their entry and the parent or guardian of the minor entrant is deemed to have consented to and is bound by these
- Terms and Conditions. Parents or guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of their consent of the entrant entering this Promotion.
This Promotion may have been promoted on Facebook and Instagram and you acknowledge that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram and you agree to release Facebook and Instagram from any liability associated with the Promotion.
- This Promotion is open to individual artists, architects, landscape architects, engineers, interior designers, graphic designers, students and graduates at all levels of education and professional qualification residing or working within the City of Gold Coast or Tweed Heads metropolitan areas, all referred to as “Entrants”. There is no entry fee to enter the Promotion.
- To enter this Promotion you must, before 5:00pm on Friday 26 July 2019, submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, an original artwork depicting the Gold Coast built environment, either historically or contemporary (‘Entry’).
- Entries must include or comprise the following:
(a) Digital file of original artwork (file name must be the title of the artwork);
(b) File size 2,700 x 2,700 pixels suitable for print size 9-inch x 9-inch (23cm x 23cm) at 300dpi;
(c)Format: Encapsulated Post Script (EPS) or high resolution pdf; text saved to outlines;
(d)Colour mode: CMYK;
(e)Artist statement of max. 400 words including artwork medium and concept;
(f)Artist name, address, contact phone number & email address;
(g)Artist bio of max. 150 words;
(h)a signed talent release form where any artwork incorporates images of the general public or children who can be easily identified.
- Your entry will not be accepted by the Promoter and will be invalid if it is incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible or does not meet the above requirements.
- You warrant that any information you provide to the Promoter in relation to the Promotion is truthful, current, complete and accurate and that the Entry is your own work.
- If any information you have provided is found to be fraudulent, invalid, incomplete, inaccurate, someone else’s work or you are otherwise found to have manipulated the participation process, acted unfairly, dishonestly or unlawfully, tried to influence the draw by disruption, harassment, annoyance of employees or representatives of the Promoter or other participants or otherwise not complied with these terms and conditions, you may be disqualified from the Promotion even if the basis for such disqualification is only determined after the Draw Date set out in item 4.3 below.
- If you are disqualified from the Promotion after you have been awarded a Prize, you must, if requested by the Promoter, return the Prize or pay its retail value (set out in item 5.1 below) to the Promoter.
The Promotion commences at 8:00am on Thursday 20 June 2019 (‘Opening Date’) and closes at 5:00pm on Friday 26 July 2019 (‘Closing Date’). Entries received before the Opening Date or after the Closing Date will not be accepted.
- Artworks will be reviewed by a jury comprising up to 2 members of the Gold Coast Open House organising committee, a technical juror, an independent juror and a representative of the Promotion sponsor. Jurors will be announced via the Promoter’s website and social media.
- Each Entry will be judged anonymously. When submitting your entry, ensure your artwork digital file is named with the artwork title only (do not include the artist’s name on this file). Each Entry will be judged on the following criteria:
(b) depiction of the Gold Coast built environment, historical or contemporary;
(f)clarity and suitability for print production on fabric.
- The winner will be announced on Monday 5 August 2019 at 5:00pm through the Promoter’s social media platforms (‘Announcement Date’);
- Other than a winner being disqualified under item 2.6, the Promoter’s decision as to the winner of the Promotion will be final and binding on all participants. No correspondence will be entered into by the Promoter in this regard.
- The winner will have their name and artwork displayed and reproduced on the Promoter’s 2019 Gold Coast Open House tote bags, as well as a gift card to be determined by the Promotion’s sponsor in the amount of $1,000.00.
- The first runner up will receive a gift card to be determined by the Promotion’s sponsor in the amount of $500.00;
- The second runner up will receive a gift card to be determined by the Promotion’s sponsor in the amount of $300.00;
- Each of the winners noted above together with any other shortlisted Entrants determined by the Promoter in its discretion will have their artwork displayed at a public exhibition to be held by the Promoter at a time, date and venue during October 2019 to be determined by the Promoter. Each Entrant whose artwork is displayed may collect their artwork upon completion of the exhibition, however will not be posted or couriered by the Promoter.
- The value of the Prize/s set out in item 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3 are the retail value of Prize/s (including GST) on the day these terms and conditions were published and the Promoter will not be liable in respect of any variation to the value of the Prize/s after this date.
- If the winner of a Prize is below the lawful age to use or otherwise enjoy that Prize, the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, award the Prize to the winner’s lawful parent or guardian or require the parent or guardian to sign an indemnity and consent for the winner to receive the Prize.
- The Prize/s are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash, credit or any other item.
- The winner must prove his or her identity to the satisfaction of the Promoter before redeeming any Prize.
- If for any reason whatsoever a Prize is not available the Promoter may substitute or replace the Prize with another prize of equal or greater value.
- The Prizes are provided on an as is basis and the Promoter makes no representation or warranty as to the quality or fitness for purpose of the Prize. To the extent permitted by law, all conditions, warranties, guarantees, rights, remedies, liabilities and other terms implied or conferred by statute, custom or the general law that impose any liability or obligation on the Promoter are excluded, however nothing contained in these terms and conditions excludes, restricts or modifies the application of any provision, the exercise of any right or remedy, or the imposition of any liability under the Australian Consumer Law, provided that, to the extent that such law permits the Promoter to limit its liability, then the Promoter’s liability is so limited.
- Any confidential or personal information you provide to the Promoter in connection with the Promotion will be dealt with by the Promoter in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- The Promoter may record or use any information you provide to the Promoter for the purpose of conducting the Promotion and any other purpose set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- The Promoter may disclose and publish the name and any other particulars of the winner (including photographs) for publicity and promotional purposes. If you are a winner you agree to co-operate with and participate in any activities organised by the Promoter in this regard, however you acknowledge that the Promoter will not be responsible for any costs associated with such co-operation or participation by you.
- Ownership of any materials you provide or submit in connection with the Promotion (whether in written, audio, electronic or visual form) (Materials) remains the property of each Entrant. Each Entrant grants to the Promoter a non-exclusive, irrevocable, transferable, perpetual, royalty-free licence to deal with the Materials as if it were the lawful owner of the Materials including reproduction in print, film, television, digital and social media. You acknowledge that the Materials may form part of the Promoter’s exhibition and consent to members of the public taking photographs of the Materials. For the avoidance of doubt, the Promoter will not sell or re-produce the Materials for sale without the lawful owner’s consent.
- You warrant that you own the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in or attaching to any Materials and that you are lawfully able to assign ownership of the Materials as required by item 7.1
- You agree to being broadcast, filmed, photographed or otherwise recorded without compensation whilst participating in the Promotion and to such tape, photograph or footage being used by the Promoter in the conduct of the Promotion and for any promotional purposes connected with the Promotion or the business of the Promoter.
Tote Bag Artwork Design Competition
Celebrating 5 Years Of Gold Coast Open House
Additional eligibility information
This competition is open to artists, architects, landscape architects, engineers, interior designers, graphic designers, students and graduates at all levels of education and professional qualification residing or working within the City of Gold Coast or Tweed Heads metropolitan areas.
Artists must be residing or operating their business within the following areas:
Advancetown, Alberton, Arundel, Ashmore, Austinville, Benowa, Biggera Waters, Bilinga, Bonogin, Broadbeach, Broadbeach Waters, Bundall, Burleigh Heads, Burleigh Waters, Carrara, Cedar Creek (part), Clagiraba, Clear Island Waters, Coolangatta, Coombabah, Coomera, Currumbin, Currumbin Valley, Currumbin Waters, Elanora, Gaven, Gilberton, Gilston, Guanaba, Helensvale, Highland Park, Hollywell, Hope Island, Jacobs Well, Kingsholme, Labrador, Lower Beechmont, Luscombe, Main Beach, Maudsland, Mermaid Beach, Mermaid Waters, Merrimac, Miami, Molendinar, Mount Nathan, Mudgeeraba, Natural Bridge, Nerang, Neranwood, Norwell, Numinbah Valley, Ormeau, Ormeau Hills, Oxenford, Pacific Pines, Palm Beach, Paradise Point, Parkwood, Pimpama, Reedy Creek, Robina, Runaway Bay, South Stradbroke, Southport, Southern Moreton Bay Islands, Springbrook, Stapylton, Steiglitz, Surfers Paradise, Tallai, Tallebudgera, Tallebudgera Valley, Tugun, Tweed Heads, Tweed Heads South, Tweed Heads West, Upper Coomera, Varsity Lakes, Willow Vale, Wongawallan, Woongoolba, Worongary or Yatala.
Further information is available via the art competition webpage: www.goldcoastopenhouse.com.au/artcomp